Amaretti orange cake
Hmm, what should I say about this cake? Just two words: divine combination!
- 2 eggs
- 70 gr amaretti cookies
- 60 gr brown sugar
- 1 orange zest
- 70 gr butter (room temperature)
- 150 gr dark chocolate ( for cooking)
- 1 tbsp orange marmelade
- 100 gr dark chocolate ( for cooking )
- 200 ml heavy cream
Preheat oven on 180ºc.
Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Chop cookies using your blender or put them in a plastic bag and crush them with rolling pin.
Mix together butter and sugar.
Add egg yolks one after one mixing in between. Add cookies and orange zest. Melt chocolate in microwave on high power for about 45- 50 sec. Add chocolate to the butter mixture and mix until combined. Beat egg whites until firm and gently stirr in with spatula.
Put mixture in a cake mold ( mine is 26 cm. )
Bake for 17 minutes. Let the cake cool completely.
Glaze with orange marmelade.
For topping chop chocolate with sharp knife. Bring heavy cream almost to boil. Pour over chocolate and after 30 sec gently stirr until well incorporated. Let it cool in fridge and beat with mixer until it doubles. Spread it over cake biscuit and decorate.
- The cake was little too sweet for my taste. Next time I would add 30 gr. Brown sugar instead of 60 gr.
- For stronger orange taste add 2 tbsp of orange marmelade.